H 66° L 57°
  • cloudy-day
    Current Conditions
    Showers. H 66° L 57°
  • rain-day
    Showers. H 66° L 57°
  • cloudy-day
    Cloudy. H 67° L 57°

The latest newscast

00:00 | 00:00


The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00


The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

All That Remains & Attilia with Special Guests Escape The Fate


Apr 7, 2019 – 6:30 PM

6050 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819 Map

  • All That Remains
  • Escape The Fate

More Info

All That Remains: Phil Labonte -Vocals
Mike Martin - Guitars
Oli Herbert - Guitars
Jason Costa - Drums
Jeanne Sagan – Bass

“People have a certain idea of what this band is, and when they hear the new stuff...it’s a new approach to our style,” vocalist Phil Labonte says. “It’s almost like a new way to look at an old friend."

With a desire to continually evolve, yet retain the trademark heavy and technically-skilled sound that All That Remains has established with the band’s breakthrough album, 2004’s This Darkened Heart, Labonte and company have done just that with The Fall of Ideals. Where the last record found the band intertwining heavy music, virtuoso solos, and unmatchable melody, All That Remains’ current collective goal is to build on elements that the last album only hinted at. “Everything we did on This Darkened Heart, we are turning up a notch,” Labonte says. “This disc will have some of the most aggressive, and some of the most friendly, pieces of music All That Remains has ever written.”

After initially forming in 1998 as a side project for Labonte and guitarist Oli Herbert, the band left a stamp on the underground metal scene with its debut album, 2002’s Behind Silence and Solitude. After bringing in guitarist Mike Martin and releasing This Darkened Heart to rave reviews in 2004, All That Remains landed high-profile tours and shows alongside the likes of Gwar, The Crown, Arch Enemy, Darkest Hour, Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, and Slipknot and toured virtually non-stop, only taking a break in late 2005 to write new material.

The Fall of Ideals is the culmination of the original ideals, ideas, and elements that All That Remains was initially founded upon. Combining the grinding riffs and unrelenting rhythms of death metal legends and the tandem fluidity of Martin and Herbert’s shredding, alongside Labonte’s ever-expanding vocal repertoire of soaring notes and guttural growls, the band has now become everything it has been striving for since its inception.

“We’re now at the point where we're the band I always wanted to us to be," Labonte says. “Musically, we’re capable of doing what I originally wanted to do. As musicians, we can all live up to that goal.”

With producer Adam Dutkiewicz (Killswitch Engage) and engineer Peter Wichers (ex-Soilwork) in tow, and artwork by Travis Smith (Iced Earth, Opeth, Soilwork), All That Remains doesn’t simply possess flashy production, engaging artwork, or memorable songs. Instead, All That Remains has all three integral elements wrapped up in an undeniably heavy and aggressive, yet irrefutably memorable, package.

Taking that package on the road, All That Remains is coming to a city near you as part of this summer's Warped Tour!

Escape The Fate: With one of the fastest and heaviest sounds in metalcore today, Escape the Fate has gained a huge following with three hit albums and regular tour dates on the Warped Tour. Though their lightning fast guitars and drums have brought them popularity since 2004, their most recent, self-titled album has brought them into the mainstream. It's also brought Escape the Fate their first headlining tour dates in 2011, which continue well into the fall.

Escape the Fate caught their big break after winning a radio contest to open a show for My Chemical Romance, judged by the band themselves. While Escape the Fate's debut album, Dying Is Your Latest Fashion, initially received average reviews, it showcased the band's talent and led to tour dates that would boost their popularity. The band's lead singer, Ronnie Radke, was soon fired from the band due to frequent incarceration and his involvement in the murder of a teen. With Craig Mabbitt, Escape the Fate released This War Is Ours in 2008. The album reached #2 on the Independent Album charts and brought the band their first full-length concert schedule.

Escape the Fate has let more of their classic metal and rock influences show on their latest self-titled album, which is garnering well-deserved buzz from music critics. The group has recently finished tour dates on two 2011 headlining tours, with more beginning in late August. While most of the concert schedule is planned for the US, Escape the Fate will head to the UK shortly before ending their 2011 tour dates on October 30. Don't miss this opportunity to catch one of the world's leading metalcore bands on their concert schedule this fall.

The Latest Headlines You Need To Know

  • If you love the Little Mermaid, then you know how badly Ariel wanted to be part of your world. But what about being a part of hers? To anyone out there who has ever dreamed about being a mermaid, the one place where dreams come true is ready to teach you how.  Disney has partnered with The Mermaid Academy in Orlando and is offering select dates for hour long mermaid classes at their Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, and Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Anyone age 4 and up will be fitted with a tail and learn how to swim through hoops, dive, splash, and move just like a mermaid.  If you want to book your class, they are $50 per person and you can call 407-WDW-PLAY to get started.  There is also more information on this experience here:  https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/03/book-new-pirate-mermaid-experiences-at-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels/
  • Genealogy websites have helped police capture yet another alleged murderer, this time an Alabama man who authorities say killed two 17-year-old girls and left their bodies in a car trunk in 1999.  Coley Lewis McCraney, 45, of Dothan, is charged with five counts of capital murder and one count of first-degree rape, according to records from the Dale County Jail. He is being held without bond following his first court appearance Monday morning.  McCraney is charged with multiple counts of capital murder each in the deaths of J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett, whose bodies were found in the trunk of Beasley’s car Aug. 1, 1999, in Ozark. The grim discovery was made in a woody area about a mile from where McCraney lived at the time of the slayings and less than a mile from where the girls were last spotted, according to The Dothan Eagle. Related story: Genealogy, DNA solve case of newborn left to freeze to death in ditch 38 years ago In the years since the girls were killed, McCraney has served in the military, worked as a truck driver and in 2013, created a nonprofit called Spirit and Truth Lifeline Ministries, the Eagle reported.  Meanwhile, the families of the two slain teens have held a vigil every year on the rural roadside where their bodies were found, the newspaper reported.  Ozark Police Chief Marlos Walker said during a news conference Monday morning that he was startled when he learned DNA evidence linked McCraney, who he said he knows, to the unsolved slayings. Like Walker, McCraney grew up in and around Ozark, which, as of 2017, was estimated to have just over 14,000 residents.  “I was very surprised … I was surprised when I saw the results. Every person I talked to said the same thing. But the DNA doesn’t lie,” Walker said.   Dale County District Attorney Kirke Adams explained during Monday’s news conference that two murder charges for each girl stem from two allegations: that two or more people were killed and that they were killed with a deadly weapon while in a vehicle.  The fifth count of murder stems from the fact McCraney is accused of killing Beasley during the commission of a rape, Adams said. The capital murder charges make McCraney eligible for the death penalty.  A reporter asked the district attorney if he’d decided whether his office would seek the death penalty against the teens’ alleged killer.  “Yes, about 10 years ago,” Adams said. The killings of Beasley and Hawlett have haunted the Wiregrass region of southeast Alabama for nearly two decades. Adams, Walker and Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall thanked the victims’ family members, some of whom were at Monday’s news conference, for their patience over the years it took to track down the teens’ alleged killer.  “I can pledge you this: That my office will be the voice for J.B. and Tracie,” Adams said.  Walker thanked the families on behalf of investigators, whose names and faces changed over the years as the case remained unsolved. Retired detectives who were part of the initial investigation were on hand for Monday’s announcement.  “We know it has been a tough road. It’s been a long road,” said Walker, who was appointed as police chief in 2015.  Marshall told the girls’ parents their daughters were never forgotten.  “You hear this referred to as a cold case,” Marshall. “What I hope you recognize today is that it was an open case, an ongoing investigation.  “Today is a beginning. It’s not ultimately justice for you, but what I hope it does is begin to provide some answers that you’ve thought about for almost 20 years now.” Two girls lost forever AL.com reported that Beasley and Hawlett, both seniors at Northview High School in Dothan, vanished July 31, 1999, after they got lost on their way to a party being held in nearby Headland in honor of Beasley’s birthday. Hawlett’s mother, Carol Roberts, said at the time that the girls ended up at a convenience store in Ozark, about 20 miles away, where her daughter called home to say they had gotten lost, but were on their way home.  The Southeast Sun in Enterprise reported in 2001 that two women told police investigators they ran into the girls at the store and gave them directions back to Dothan. It was the last time Beasley and Hawlett were seen alive.  The teens’ bodies were found about 2 p.m. the next day in the trunk of Beasley’s black Mazda 929. Each had been shot once in the head.  They had not been robbed; their purses, cash and jewelry were still in the vehicle, AL.com said.  State forensic experts said at the time that neither girl appeared to have been raped, but semen was found on Beasley’s clothing and skin. That physical evidence was used to clear another man who allegedly told detectives he was at the scene of the crime in an effort to be awarded $25,000 in reward money in the case, AL.com reported.  Walker declined Monday to disclose the source of the DNA that tied McCraney to the scene where the girls were found, but a news release from Marshall’s office confirmed that it was the evidence taken from Beasley’s body and clothing. The police chief also declined to say if McCraney confessed to the slayings following his arrest, which took place Friday during a traffic stop.   Investigators are also mum on how or where they believe McCraney encountered the girls after they left the convenience store near where their bodies were later abandoned.  A then-25-year-old McCraney, who was divorced from his first wife, was ordered to undergo a DNA test July 30, 1999 -- the day before Beasley and Hawlett wandered into Ozark -- by a judge overseeing a paternity suit in which he was named. Court records obtained by the Eagle indicated he never complied with the order, or with a second one filed several months later.  He was ordered to support the child, despite his DNA never being tested. Court records show no criminal history for McCraney past a few traffic violations over the years. Watch Monday morning’s news conference below, courtesy of WTVY in Dothan.   Marshall confirmed in the news release that McCraney has no prior criminal history that would have resulted in his DNA profile being uploaded to the FBI’s Combined DNA Index System (CODIS). McCraney’s name never came up as a potential suspect during the investigation in 1999, the attorney general said.  McCraney remarried in 2001. As of last May, he was listed as a “bishop/motivational speaker/working for the Lord” on the Facebook page of H.O.G. Heart of Goal, a ministry that appears to hold services around the Ozark area.  The ministry’s chief executive officer, James Lee Fuller, posted videos Monday of news coverage of the murder case. On Sunday, Fuller posted a video of him leading a prayer. The caption read, “Praying for my God-loving, family first, peaceful military-serving, hardworking father/husband/son/uncle/cousin/brother Coley McCraney.” An arrest ‘a long time coming’ Walker said the identification process began when his office reached out to Parabon Nanolabs Inc., a private, Virginia-based company renowned for its work helping to solve cold cases, last August.  Parabon technicians obtained a profile using its “snapshot DNA analysis.” Genetic genealogy narrowed it down to a family, Walker said.  Kinship inference narrowed the suspect down to McCraney. Walker did not say which relative of McCraney’s had uploaded a profile to the genealogy website on which it was found.  Investigators obtained DNA samples from McCraney during the subsequent investigation, Walker said. The Alabama state crime lab confirmed the match between his DNA and that which was left at the crime scene.  Walker said he was stunned to learn that investigators had identified a suspect in the long-unsolved case. He said he had to sit in his office chair for three hours to process the news.  “It’s one of those things where you say, ‘Is this really happening?’” Walker said.  He said the arrest was “a long time coming” for the community.  “Everywhere I’ve been the last 48 hours, people just have a sigh of relief to know who was responsible for this crime,” Walker said.  The chief said he never doubted that the case would someday be solved.  “As far back as last year, our goal was to get there before the 20th anniversary,” Walker said.  Investigators were encouraged last spring when police in California arrested Joseph James DeAngelo, a 72-year-old former policeman who is suspected of being the infamous Golden State Killer. DeAngelo’s identification came after cold case detectives used open-source genealogy websites to link the DNA profile of the prolific serial rapist and killer to family members of his.  The investigators tailed DeAngelo and surreptitiously obtained a sample of his DNA, which matched the profile of the killer.  Walker said his investigators were told that McCraney’s DNA matched the evidence at the Beasley-Hawlett crime scene a few weeks ago. They have spent the time since investigating the suspect’s background and tying up loose ends in the case.  They have not determined a motive for the slayings.  Beasley’s father, Hilton Beasley, told WDHN in Dothan that he is skeptical that McCraney acted alone in the girls’ shooting deaths. He said an “adviser” he has on the case told him it would have been difficult for a sole individual to kill both girls alone. “May be wrong, but my attitude is, I just have to wait and evaluate,” Beasley told the news station.  He remembered the teens for the happiness he said they brought to those around them. He described his daughter as intelligent, energetic, kind and funny.  “She was just a joy to be around,” he said. The teen’s mother, Cheryl Burgoon, said in 2009, during the annual vigil in her daughter’s honor, that losing a child “takes you to places you could never expect,” according to the Eagle. She praised the community that has kept the slain girls in their thoughts throughout the years. “For people to come out and care this much, it’s a miracle,” Burgoon said at the time. “I can’t do it alone.” Members of Beasley’s family declined to comment following Monday’s news conference, the Eagle reported.  Roberts told the newspaper God got the family through the first 10 years of mourning her daughter, who she said would have wanted her loved ones to keep going.  “It’s hard, but I pray every day law enforcement will come up with some answers,” Roberts said in 2009.  Following McCraney’s arrest, Roberts said she hopes Adams keeps his word about seeking the death penalty for the alleged killer. “These girls did not deserve this,” Roberts said Monday. “I want to see justice happen for these two girls.” 
  • A federal judge in New York has set a Tuesday deadline for prosecutors to publicly file documents related to last year’s FBI raid of the home, office and hotel room of President Donald Trump’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen. >> Read more trending news In an order filed Monday in the Southern District of New York, U.S. District Judge William H. Pauley gave prosecutors until Tuesday to file redacted copies of the documents after media outlets including The Associated Press, CNN and The New York Times requested the data be released. >> FBI raids office of Donald Trump’s longtime attorney Michael Cohen The information redacted from the warrant and related documents includes Cohen’s phone numbers, apartment number and safety deposit box number, Pauley said. Monday’s order came about a month after Pauley directed authorities to submit relevant documents to the court, citing prior court rulings that found search warrants and related documents can’t be “sealed indefinitely.” >> FBI sought records related to Trump 'Access Hollywood' tape in Cohen raid: reports “The public interest in the underlying subject matter of the materials — which implicates the integrity of the 2016 presidential election — is substantial,” Pauley wrote in a 30-page ruling filed Feb. 7. >> Judge approves Michael Cohen's request to delay prison term until May Authorities seized records and electronics in April 2018 during raids of Cohen’s home, office and hotel room. He was subsequently charged with multiple crimes, including several counts of tax evasion and making false statements to Congress, as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia meddling in the 2016 election.  Cohen pleaded guilty to charges last year and was sentenced to serve three years in prison. He’s scheduled to surrender to authorities May 6 to begin his sentence.
  • A shooting on a Dutch tram left at least three people dead and five others injured in Utrecht, according to authorities. >> Read more trending news  The city’s mayor, Jan van Zanen, said three people were killed in the attack, according to The Associated Press. Police said five people were injured in the shooting. Authorities have classified the incident as a possible terror attack. Update 2:55 p.m. EDT March 18: Dutch Justice Minister Ferd Grapperhaus told the AP the man arrested Monday on suspicion of opening fire on a Dutch tram has a criminal history. “The suspect was known within the justice department,” Grapperhaus told the AP. “He had a criminal record. That is indeed what we know. I can give no more details.” Police identified the suspect in the case as Gokmen Tanis, 37. Citing Dutch broadcaster RTV Utrecht, The Independent reported earlier Monday that Tanis had “a long history of run-ins with the police for both minor and major crimes, including a shooing in 2013.” Update 2:40 p.m. EDT March 18: Dutch Justice Minister Ferd Grapperhaus told reporters Monday that the suspect arrested in connection to the shooting “was known” to authorities, the AP reported. Grapperhaus did not provide additional details. Police said they arrested Gokmen Tanis, 37, during a raid in Utrecht’s Oudenoord neighborhood hours after he was identified as a suspect in Monday’s shooting. Authorities continue to investigate the incident. Update 2 p.m. EDT March 18: Utrecht police said the man taken into custody in connection to Monday’s deadly shooting on a Dutch tram was apprehended during a raid in the city’s Oudenoord neighborhood. Authorities said they apprehended Gokmen Tanis, 37, hours after they released an image of the suspect and asked the public’s help locating him. Update 1:50 p.m. EDT March 18: Utrecht police confirmed in a tweet Monday that authorities have detained a man suspected of opening fire on a Dutch tram. Dutch anti-terror coordinator Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg said in a tweet that the country’s terror level was lowered from its highest level, 5, to level 4 following the suspect’s arrest. Update 1:40 p.m. EDT March 18: Police apprehended the man suspected of opening fire Monday on a Dutch tram, CNN reported, citing Rob van Bree, head of operations of the Central Netherlands Police. Update 11:45 a.m. EDT March 18: van Zanen withdrew advice for Utrecht residents to stay indoors  Monday, saying the recommendation was made on the suspicion that shots had been fired at another location in the city. However, he said, “That is not the case, as far as we know,” according to The Independent. van Zanen said earlier Monday that at least three people died in Monday’s shooting and nine others were injured. Police said in a statement that the actual number of injured people was five. Authorities have identified a man wanted in connection to the shooting as Gokmen Tanis, 37. Police continue to investigate the case. Update 10:25 a.m. EDT March 18: Utrecht Mayor Jan van Zanen said three of the nine people wounded in Monday’s shooting were seriously injured, according to The Associated Press. “We cannot exclude, even stronger, we assume a terror motive,” van Zanen said Monday. “Likely there is one attacker, but there could be more.” Police have identified a man wanted in connection to the shooting as Gokmen Tanis, 37. Update 10:10 a.m. EDT March 18: Utrecht Mayor Jan van Zanen said three people were killed and nine people were injured Monday in the Utrecht shooting, according to CNN and The Independent. Update 9:55 a.m. EDT March 18: Dutch police issued a correction Monday on the name of the man wanted in connection with the Utrecht shooting. Authorities said his name was spelled Gokmen Tanis. Officials initially identified the 37-year-old as Gokman Tanis. The Independent reported trains were not being allowed into Utrecht’s central train station in the wake of the shooting. Update 9:25 a.m. EDT March 18: Police in the Netherlands asked for the public’s help Monday locating a man wanted in connection to Monday’s shooting. Authorities warned against approaching the man, identified as Gokman Tanis, 37. Update 8:55 a.m. EDT March 18: The shooter behind Monday’s attack remained at large after the incident, according to Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg, the Dutch anti-terror coordinator. “In Utrecht there was a shooting at several locations,' he said Monday at a news conference, according to The Independent. 'A lot is still unclear at this point and local authorities are working hard to establish all the facts. What we already know is that a culprit is at large.' Authorities continue to investigate the shooting. Original report: Utrecht police wrote Monday in a tweet that a “possible terrorist (motive) is part of the investigation” into the shooting, which occurred about 10:45 a.m. local time, according to CNN. >> See the tweet here The gunman remained at large Monday and may have fled the scene in a car, according to BBC News.  After the attack the country’s anti-terror coordinator, Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg, raised the terror threat level in Utrecht to 5, its highest level. Check back for updates to this developing story.
  • The Orange County Sheriff’s Office said one of their veteran deputies was arrested for driving under the influence early Monday morning. In a release, the Sheriff’s Office said Master Deputy Scott Renaux was arrested at 4:20 am. Monday by the Winter Garden Police Department for DUI. Renaux was off-duty and driving his personal car.  He’s been relieved of his law enforcement duties, and an internal investigation will happen after his criminal case plays out. Renaux has been with the agency since May 1996. Orange County Sheriff John Mina released a statement on the arrest: At the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, we hold our Deputies to the highest ethical standards whether they are on duty or off duty. We are committed to serving this community with integrity and ensuring that any alleged misconduct is thoroughly investigated and that the results of that investigation are made public.

Washington Insider

  • Using his veto pen for the first time in just over two years in office, President Donald Trump on Friday rejected a special resolution from Congress which would block his national emergency declaration to shift money into construction of a border wall, a day after the GOP Senate joined the Democratic House in rebuking the President. 'Congress’s vote to deny the crisis on the southern border is a vote against reality,' President Trump said in the Oval Office. 'It's against reality. It is a tremendous national emergency. It is a tremendous crisis.' The measure now goes back to the House and Senate, where any effort to override the President's veto is far short of the necessary two-thirds super majority. 'On March 26, the House will once again act to protect our Constitution and our democracy from the President’s emergency declaration by holding a vote to override his veto,' said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. But the President sternly disagreed. Here's the text of the President's veto message, as sent back to the Congress: To the House of Representatives:   I am returning herewith without my approval H.J. Res. 46, a joint resolution that would terminate the national emergency I declared regarding the crisis on our southern border in Proclamation 9844 on February 15, 2019, pursuant to the National Emergencies Act.  As demonstrated by recent statistics published by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and explained in testimony given by the Secretary of Homeland Security on March 6, 2019, before the House Committee on Homeland Security, our porous southern border continues to be a magnet for lawless migration and criminals and has created a border security and humanitarian crisis that endangers every American. Last month alone, CBP apprehended more than 76,000 aliens improperly attempting to enter the United States along the southern border -- the largest monthly total in the last 5 years. In fiscal year 2018, CBP seized more than 820,000 pounds of drugs at our southern border, including 24,000 pounds of cocaine, 64,000 pounds of methamphetamine, 5,000 pounds of heroin, and 1,800 pounds of fentanyl. In fiscal years 2017 and 2018, immigration officers nationwide made 266,000 arrests of aliens previously charged with or convicted of crimes. These crimes included approximately 100,000 assaults, 30,000 sex crimes, and 4,000 killings. In other words, aliens coming across our border have injured or killed thousands of people, while drugs flowing through the border have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans.   The current situation requires our frontline border enforcement personnel to vastly increase their humanitarian efforts. Along their dangerous trek to the United States, 1 in 3 migrant women experiences sexual abuse, and 7 in 10 migrants are victims of violence. Fifty migrants per day are referred for emergency medical care, and CBP rescues 4,300 people per year who are in danger and distress. The efforts to address this humanitarian catastrophe draw resources away from enforcing our Nation's immigration laws and protecting the border, and place border security personnel at increased risk.   As troubling as these statistics are, they reveal only part of the reality. The situation at the southern border is rapidly deteriorating because of who is arriving and how they are arriving. For many years, the majority of individuals who arrived illegally were single adults from Mexico. Under our existing laws, we could detain and quickly remove most of these aliens. More recently, however, illegal migrants have organized into caravans that include large numbers of families and unaccompanied children from Central American countries. Last year, for example, a record number of families crossed the border illegally. If the current trend holds, the number of families crossing in fiscal year 2019 will greatly surpass last year's record total. Criminal organizations are taking advantage of these large flows of families and unaccompanied minors to conduct dangerous illegal activity, including human trafficking, drug smuggling, and brutal killings.   Under current laws, court decisions, and resource constraints, the Government cannot detain families or undocumented alien children from Central American countries in significant numbers or quickly deport them. Instead, the Government is forced to release many of them into the interior of the United States, pending lengthy judicial proceedings. Although many fail ever to establish any legal right to remain in this country, they stay nonetheless.   This situation on our border cannot be described as anything other than a national emergency, and our Armed Forces are needed to help confront it.   My highest obligation as President is to protect the Nation and its people. Every day, the crisis on our border is deepening, and with new surges of migrants expected in the coming months, we are straining our border enforcement personnel and resources to the breaking point.   H.J. Res. 46 ignores these realities. It is a dangerous resolution that would undermine United States sovereignty and threaten the lives and safety of countless Americans. It is, therefore, my duty to return it to the House of Representatives without my approval.   DONALD J. TRUMP   THE WHITE HOUSE, March 15, 2019.