ON AIR NOW

LISTEN NOW

Weather

clear-day
77°
Cloudy
H 79° L 59°
  • clear-day
    77°
    Current Conditions
    Cloudy. H 79° L 59°
  • cloudy-day
    62°
    Morning
    Cloudy. H 79° L 59°
  • windy-day
    59°
    Afternoon
    Partly Cloudy / Wind. H 63° L 39°
LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest newscast

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest traffic report

00:00 | 00:00

LISTEN
PAUSE
ERROR

The latest forecast

00:00 | 00:00

3OH!3 & Emo Nite - The WANT House Party Tour

Tuesday

Nov 20, 2018 – 8:00 PM

1490 East Buena Vista Drive
Orlando, FL 32830 Map

  • 3OH!3

More Info

3OH!3: 3OH!3 doesn't like to brag. Sean Foreman and Nathaniel 'Nat' Motte say that making their loud, distorted, electronic-pop music is not about the trophies and notoriety. No, forming 3OH!3 (named after the duo's area code in Boulder, Colorado) was always about something larger than themselves. It was and remains about being FUN!

If we go back to the beginning, we can find Sean in his parents basement, clicking incessantly on his mouse for 'friend-requests' on 3OH!3's sparkling new MySpace page. Meanwhile, across town, Nat is working on earth-shattering beats, hunched over his computer, in what he charmingly referred to as his 'dungeon' apartment. There, in a pair of blown-out computer speakers, Nat brought to life what the world currently knows as 3OH!3. Those sounds and songs became the band's 2007 self-released album, which were handed off across the states until they fell through the mail slot at Photo Finish Records and into the hands of label president Matt Galle.

Blown away by Sean and Nat's visionary production and clever lyrics, Galle immediately flew the boys into scenic Beltsville, Maryland, to record with the brilliant producer Matt Squire. Feeling at home in the studio, Sean and Nat worked day and night, piecing together their 2008 success, Want. With the help of their furry little producer friend Benny Blanco, 3OH!3's first single, "Don't Trust Me," crawled slowly up the charts for 15 months to attain a No. 1 spot at pop radio, going double platinum and selling over 2.6 million tracks in the process.

3OH!3 hates to brag, but if they had to they would tell you that they were nominated for "Best New Artist" alongside Lady Gaga, Kid Cudi, and Drake, at the 2009 Video Music Awards. Though they didn't bring home the moon man, Nat and Sean had just as much fun performing "Don't Trust Me" in Radio City's hallowed halls. Nat was actually happy 3OH!3 wasn't announced best new artist as he claims he would have peed his pants, having not been able to find a bathroom all night. "Drinks impair the ol' judgment," he says.

These two guys are no strangers to national television either. Appearing multiple times on late night TV (Jimmy Kimmel Live and Last Call with Carson Daly) and alongside the glittery Ke$ha on American Idol, 3OH!3's learned a few things about working the camera.

I know 3OH!3 would never say this, but they are one of the best live acts in the business. Their dedication to putting on an epic and fun show every night was rewarded by a nomination for the 2009 MTV Woodies' Performance Award alongside artists like Green Day, Animal Collective and Phoenix. These boys sell out shows from the rainy streets of London to the Gold Coast of Australia, where, by no coincidence, their songs have gone gold and platinum and continue to sell by the thousands. It's no wonder that 3OH!3 has been invited to play legendary festivals like Reading and Leads and Warped Tour again and again.

With such a non-stop touring schedule, it must have been a real relief to retreat to their mountain sanctuary in Breckenridge in January to record their next album. In a snowy cabin, far above the world, Sean and Nat went a little crazy, writing as many as two new songs a day for 14 days. "We had all these songs built up over the past couple years," Sean says, "and it was like a mental vomit of all the stuff we had been thinking." This was not gross-tasting vomit, however, this was like roses and gold and everything nice, finally let loose on the world. Before things got weird in the mountains, the boys packed up their gear and headed out to LA to start recording the album that would be known as Streets of Gold.

Back in the studio with the usual suspects Matt Squire and Benny Blanco, 3OH!3 took all they had learned from touring and experience and put it to use. "There are some crazy sounds on this record," Nat says, "It sounds like robots making love." Nothing says love like their first single off the record, "My First Kiss" featuring Ke$ha. "It was like our first kiss with Ke$ha," Nat says, "It was the first time we met her and she definitely used tongue." Within a few hours of being released on iTunes, "My First Kiss" jumped to the no. 2 on the overall song chart.

3OH!3 was very selective when it came to collaborating on Streets of Gold. Having greatly admired his work with Lily Allen and The Bird and the Bee, 3OH!3 sought out producer Greg Kurstin for their own music. "I think Greg has attained a perfect synthesis of electronic and organic music in his work, and he was someone whom I really, really wanted to work with and learn from." Additionally 3OH!3 teamed with Benny Blanco's mentor, hit-smith Dr. Luke on "My First Kiss" and "Streets of Gold" (the title track to the record). With help from those production Titans, it's a safe to say a few more songs off the album might lend "My First Kiss" some company at the top of the charts.

Streets of Gold is the album that 3OH!3 has been struggling to create for their whole musical lives. Showing a wide range of tastes—from the car rattling battle raps of "I Can Do Anything" to the post-apocalyptic love ballad "Love 2012" to the throwback casbah sounds of "I Know How to Say"—3OH!3 has evolved into a super-human machine. With Nat's surgical precision (Nat was destined to be a doctor after all, and has been deferring his acceptance to medical school for a few years) and Sean's one-two punch lines, every song is bound to be permanently engrained in your head. "We try to make music that is fun and comes across live," says Sean. "This album is epic," says Nat, "it has a little piece of everything we like and do. We write and co-produce all our own music, and it was so satisfying to apply all that we learned in the past couple of years."

On the road again, 3OH!3 is testing out the new tracks and making more friends. "We've played some of the new songs without a single fan knowing the lyrics," says Nat, "And people are going fucking BANANAS. It's a great sign!" There are many great signs for 3OH!3 as they take their journey on their own street of gold. Nat, as a writer and producer, has been working with other artists. Sean is keeping busy with his own cowrites—including Ke$ha's platinum selling "Blah Blah Blah"—and as a result was named the #9 Hit Songwriter in the UK by Music Week. The future is looking bright for these two Boulder boys.

Nathaniel Motte and Sean Foreman are two very busy guys. If they aren't filming mini-movies for the deluxe package of Streets of Gold, drawing comic books, or modeling (yes, they are Ford models), they are spending time with their friends or getting outdoors. Sean was crazy enough to sign up for the Chicago Marathon in October, running it to raise money for the American Cancer Society. And Nat is crazy enough to continue his deferral from Medical School at the University of Colorado. What does the future have in store for 3OH!3? "We're going to JAPAN!!!" Nat answers.

Well, that might be true, but I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more from 3OH!3 and then they will have a hell of a lot more to not brag about.

Written by Sean Foreman

The Latest Headlines You Need To Know

  • Attorneys for a man who spent 14 years in prison before he was released after new evidence was revealed are working to get him money for his time spent behind bars. Clemente Aguirre was released in November and now attorneys have filed a petition to grant him status as a wrongfully incarcerated person so that he is eligible to receive money through the 'Victims of Wrongful Incarceration Compensation Act.'  Aguirre would get $50,000 for each year he wrongfully spent in prison, totaling more than $700,000.  The State Attorney's Office has received the petition. A response has not yet been submitted.  Aguirre’s nightmare began in June of 2004.  He was an undocumented immigrant from Honduras and working as a prep-chef in Heathrow.  Aguirre told investigators he had been drinking the night he walked into his Altamonte Springs neighbors’ home looking for a beer.  Instead, he found wheelchair-bound Carol Bareis and her daughter Cheryl Williams stabbed to death.  Aguirre said he ran out and did not call 911 because he was afraid of being deported.  Aguirre was arrested, convicted and sentenced to death.  The Innocence Project got involved in his case and helped clear him with DNA and new evidence that pointed to another possible suspect: Samantha Williams, the daughter and granddaughter, of the victims.  Williams has not been charged in the case.  Aguirre’s conviction was overturned and before a new trial could begin, prosecutors dropped the charges.  'I thank you for it from the bottom of my heart,' Aguirre said after the November hearing.  In a statement, Aguirre’s attorney Marie-Louise Samuels Parmer said: 'Mr. Aguirre experienced a living nightmare by spending 14+ years incarcerated for crimes that he did not commit. No one can give him back those 5,264 lost days and no amount of money can replace the moments that he lost with his family and friends, or cover over the horrors that he endured on death row. But the Florida Legislature has recognized that those who have been wrongfully incarcerated should be financially compensated. Mr. Aguirre is entitled to compensation under that statute, and his petition is just the next step on the path toward rebuilding his life.
  • In celebration of the Orlando Magic's 30th anniversary, the team distributed $1.2 million in grants Friday to 16 different organizations. The foundation distributed 10 $30,000 grants and three $300,000 grants totaling $1,200,000 to 16 non-profit organizations through the Orlando Magic Youth Foundation (OMYF)in a surprise ceremony at the Amway Center in Orlando.  The foundation raises the money through its annual golf tournaments, auctions held at Magic's game and, this year, a new weekend-long Orlando Wine Festival and Auction to be held March 15-17 at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. Magic CEO Alex Martins said the fundraising event patterned after successful wine festivals in other cities, could raise several million dollars.   Over the past 29 years, more than $24 million has been distributed to local nonprofit community organizations through the OMYF.   The DeVos family, which owns the Orlando Magic team, pays all the foundation’s administrative costs. The 2019 grant recipients and grants received:  Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida $30,000  Central Florida YMCA $30,000  Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida $30,000  Foundation for Orange County Public Schools $30,000  Advent Health Foundation/Hebni Nutrition Consultants $300,000*  The Gift of Swimming $30,000  Harbor House of Central Florida $30,000  Orlando Ballet $30,000  Orlando Repertory Theatre $30,000  Orlando Science Center/Early Learning Coalition of Osceola County $300,000*  Orlando Shakes (Orlando Shakespeare Theatre) $30,000  Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida/Grace Medical Home, Inc. $300,000*  Valencia College Foundation $30,000
  • After yet another day which featured no hints of progress in ending a funding fight that has to a partial government shutdown taking paychecks away from over 800,000 federal workers, President Donald Trump tweeted on Friday evening that he would make a ‘major announcement’ on Saturday about his push to get money to build a wall along the Mexican border, which has led to an ongoing standoff with Democrats in Congress. “I will be making a major announcement concerning the Humanitarian Crisis on our Southern Border, and the Shutdown,” the President wrote on Twitter, giving no details about what he might announce. With no indications that Democrats in Congress are ready to give in on their opposition to a border wall, some Republicans have continued to urge the President to declare a ‘national emergency’ under existing laws, and move money around in the military’s budget to build a wall. I will be making a major announcement concerning the Humanitarian Crisis on our Southern Border, and the Shutdown, tomorrow afternoon at 3 P.M., live from the @WhiteHouse. — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 18, 2019 “He ought to go ahead and declare an emergency, and it would be over,” said Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK). “I don’t know why he is reluctant to do that.” Inhofe – who chairs the Senate Armed Services Committee – said Thursday that he would not oppose the President dipping into military construction funds to build the wall, though other Republicans have publicly opposed the idea. Democrats on Friday also pressed the Department of Homeland Security on another front – using eminent domain to take land away from landowners, in order to build the way – focusing on a case involving the Catholic Church in Texas, which owns land that the Trump Administration wants. “The federal government must exercise extreme caution when seizing private property,” wrote Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer to the Homeland Security Secretary. To @SecNielsen: The Trump Administration’s lawsuit against the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brownsville, Texas, raises important questions on the exercise of eminent domain to build a border wall. We ask you to respond to these questions by January 31: pic.twitter.com/MXcfoQib9E — Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) January 18, 2019 The President has asked for $5.7 billion in border security money for both fencing and a wall; Democrats in Congress have offered $1.6 billion – the original requests of the Trump Administration and Republicans – but Democrats want none of that to go to the wall.
  • Two Florida fifth-graders are accused of plotting to kill an 11-year-old classmate and escape in a golf cart last month. The plot unraveled Dec. 14 at Roberts Elementary School in Tallahassee, where the alleged victim and the accused students, ages 10 and 11, all attend school. A 32-page police report obtained by the Tallahassee Democrat details the plot, which resulted in both students’ suspension and civil citations for conspiracy to commit battery and bringing weapons on school grounds.  The students are also being recommended for expulsion, the Democrat reported.  “This obviously is a very serious matter,” Leon County Superintendent Rocky Hanna said in a statement. “There is zero tolerance in our school system for violence or threats of violence. The individuals who participate in these types of behavior will suffer severe consequences, as (will) these two young boys.” The school’s principal, Kim McFarland, told investigators that the boys “planned and put into effect” a plot to kill their classmate, the Democrat reported.  >> Read more trending news According to the timeline laid out in the police report, one of the accused boys threatened the victim Dec. 10, telling him they would kill him. A few days later, a female classmate told the victim a secret and then went to the two suspected plotters and claimed the victim was spreading rumors about her.  The plotters again threatened the boy, saying they would “take care of him and kill him,” the Democrat reported.  Another student later told police investigators the boys drew a map of where on campus they would take the victim -- an area without security cameras, the newspaper reported. They ultimately changed their mind and planned to take the boy to the school’s garden instead, the police report said.  The day of the planned attack, one of the boys brought a backpack to school with what investigators believe was a murder kit: a wrench, adjustable clamp pliers, a multitool with a 3-inch blade on it and baseball batting gloves. According to police, the student showed the tools to classmates and one of the pair told them “snitches get stitches.” They also told at least one classmate they had the gloves so they would not leave fingerprints, the Democrat reported. They planned to use some of the tools to bust through a gate and flee on a golf cart.  During an after-school program on campus, the boys approached the alleged victim and asked if he wanted to go to the “secret hideout in the garden,” the police report said. He told investigators he refused because other students had told him the boys wanted to hurt him.  The alleged victim went to a teacher supervising the after-school program and told what the boys had planned, the newspaper reported. The boys were taken to the principal, who searched the backpack and found the tools, including the knife. The boys denied wanting to kill the victim, but admitted they planned to beat him up, the Democrat reported.  After the incident, McFarland sent parents an email, which was obtained by WCTV in Tallahassee. “Last Friday there was an incident, with alleged intent to harm a fellow student, that occurred in the afterschool program with a group of 5th grade students who had been developing a plan over a series of days,” McFarland said. “Some of you have reached out with concerns and questions. At this time, I cannot share details, but I can assure that your children are safe and the situation is being handled.” McFarland wrote that she met with the school’s fifth graders to discuss the importance of “see something, say something.”   “Many fifth grade students knew of the potential incident but did not tell teachers or their parents,” the principal said. “We discussed the importance of alerting adults when there is any concern for safety for themselves or their fellow students. Please discuss this with your children. It is imperative they learn this valuable skill now.”
  • Epcot International Festival of the Arts is back at Walt Disney World Resorts with a fresh lineup of  musical performances, creative foods and visual artistry beginning Jan. 18 through Feb. 25 2019. New this year, different pairs of Disney on Broadway stars will sing musical hits on the America Gardens Theater stage seven days a week during the festival. Performers this year include: Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”) Meredith Inglesby (“The Little Mermaid”) and Steve Blanchard (“Beauty and the Beast”) Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”) Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”) Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”) The concert series is included with park admission with showtimes are 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. nightly.  For the taste buds, an expanded selection of culinary arts. Here’s just a few: Smoked salmon and cream gâteau with egg yolk cream, paddlefish caviar and micro-herbs is sure to be a new favorite at The Painter’s Palate Red wine-braised short rib with parsnip purée, broccolini, baby tomatoes and aged balsamic will be available at Cuisine Classique The 2019 event rolls out  performance art, complimentary seminars, hands-on activities and much more: A variety of workshops led by professionals will teach different artistic techniques, such as floral design, ink and paint, mixed-media art and more (offered Friday-Monday for an additional fee). As a memento of what they learned, participants will take their creations home with them. Complimentary 30-minute seminars will give budding artists helpful instruction for producing their own artwork at home. More than 50 visiting artists participating in the festival will be available to meet with festival goers and share insights on their work